Do you want to make an impact for people who need it most?
The Leprosy Research Initiative (LRI) is looking for an ambitious and all-round Coordinator.
LRI manages a joint research fund and selects research projects for support through annual calls for proposals. The LRI secretariat is housed in the International Office of NLR (until No Leprosy Remains) in Amsterdam, managed by the Director of NLR. More information about NLR can be found below.
The Leprosy Research Initiative secretariat is run by three driven employees, motivated to contribute to leprosy-related research. To lead and strengthen this team, we are looking for a Leprosy Research Initiative Coordinator (24-32 hrs)
The Leprosy Research Initiative Coordinator is under the management of the Head of the Medical Technical Department of NLR and supervises the two other employees of the LRI secretariat. The Coordinator supports the process of the proposal selection and is involved in organizing and facilitating research capacity strengthening workshops. To raise awareness on the importance of leprosy research, the Coordinator actively engages with partners, potential funders, and other stakeholders. The Coordinator oversees the functioning of the secretariat and is the main point of contact for the LRI Steering Committee and Executive Group.
What will you do as Leprosy Research Initiative Coordinator?
- You will oversee all aspects of the selection process on the basis of the annual call for research proposals and the grant management cycle
- You will initiate, develop, and implement activities aimed at improving the selection and support process for proposals, and provide (bio)medical, technical, and scientific input where necessary
- You will stay up to date on relevant internal and external developments within the field of leprosy research
- You will be the main contact for the Steering Committee and the Executive Group, organize meetings, and advise them on policy development and cooperation strategies
- You will be the main contact for the Global Partnership for Zero Leprosy
- You will actively build relationships with (new) partners, associate partners, funders, as well as potential funders of leprosy-related research with the purpose of increasing support for leprosy-related research
- You will conduct lobbying and networking activities to raise awareness on the importance and visibility of leprosy-related research and represent LRI at international events
- You will prepare and monitor the annual plan and budget and will develop the annual report
- You will manage the Grant Management Portal as product owner
- A master’s degree in a (bio)medical field;
- Demonstrable experience in the global health sector;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience;
- You are analytical, and have affinity with research;
- You are a networker and have experience with lobby and advocacy;
- Experience with a web-based grant management system is considered an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and in Dutch
- A position within an international organization that is a major funder of leprosy research and has a growing role in the implementation of the global research agenda.
- A team of professional colleagues, who want to contribute to a world without leprosy, with room for personal growth and development
- A salary, depending on knowledge and experience, between €4.433 and €5.417 gross per month based on a full-time contract (38 hours is full-time);
- 8% holiday allowance and 4% year-end bonus on an annual basis;
- Good secondary employment conditions (including pension and working from home);
- Initially an annual contract with intention to extend.
Join our team!
LRI strives for equal opportunities for everyone. We are looking for a candidate who will make the organization more diverse in all respects. Strong preference will be given to candidates who are based in the Netherlands – or willing to relocate. Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.