LRI is looking for an analytical and hands-on LRI Support Officer.
Do you want to make an impact for people who need it most?
Founded in 2013, the Leprosy Research Initiative (LRI) represents a unique model of collaboration and coordination with the aim of promoting, facilitating and funding leprosy research. Several international NGOs committed to combating leprosy have pooled financial resources in a joint fund under one policy. The LRI is managed by the director of the Leprosy Foundation.
Working at LRI means working towards a world without leprosy. A world in which leprosy no longer causes victims with serious physical and psychological consequences. Research is of great importance for pursuing a world without leprosy as a concrete and realistic goal. This requires passionate employees. Will you help us with this?
The LRI secretariat consists of three passionate employees who are committed to supporting the process of allocating funds for leprosy-related research; promoting and optimizing leprosy-related research; and developing and maintaining partnerships. The LRI secretariat is part of the Medical Technical Department of NLR . To strengthen the team we are looking for a: LRI Support Officer for 32 hours a week.
The LRI Support Officer supports the activities of the LRI Technical Officer and the LRI Program Officer in the field of the Grant Management Cycle (GMC), communication and other organizational matters.
What will you do as LRI Support Officer at the LRI
- Support the planning, preparation and meetings of the LRI committees
- Support and facilitate the organization and implementation of workshops, training courses, the annual LRI spring meeting, and the five-yearly external audits.
- Maintain the online Grant Management Portal:
- Support users of the portal and identifies bottlenecks and points for improvement
- Prepare the Grant Management Cycle steps regarding submissions, reviews and progress reports
- Support in communication towards grant applicants and external reviewers during the selection process
- Prepare the annual overview with the results of the LRI financing round
- Prepare summaries, substantive reports and also the lay summaries on funded studies for funders
- Manage the overview of the publications of LRI-funded research
- Execute the LRI communication plan together with the LRI Programme Officer; identifies and acts on profiling opportunities and writes content for the website and disseminates information
- A challenging position within an international organization that is a major funder of leprosy research and has a growing role in the implementation of the global research agenda;
- A team of professional colleagues, each of whom wants to contribute to leprosy control from their own discipline;
- A salary, depending on knowledge and experience, between €2,705 and €3,307 gross per month based on a full-time contract (38 hours is full-time);
- 8% holiday allowance and 4% year-end bonus on an annual basis;
- Good secondary employment conditions (including a pension scheme);
- Initially an annual contract with a possible extension;
- Room for personal development;
- Working from home is (partially) possible at NLR.
Join our team!
Please respond before the 27th of September and send your CV and motivation to
For more information, please contact Nienke Veldhuijzen via